Yucca Rostrata is perhaps one of the toughest of all the yucca family!
Perhaps the prettiest of all feature plants, highly desired for its powdery blue architectural foliage and general toughness.
Reasonably fast growing in ideal conditions (in the ground) up to 100mm each year, much slower in pots- larger older specimens can fetch a much higher price.
It will go Silver-Blue almost UV colour in warm summer rain.
Looks great on mass, however, Yucca rostrata often fetches a high price due to its slow growth speed and select seed avail.
Best used in small groups for amazing grass effect, great in pots.
Will handle extreme dry- coastal headlands- alpine conditions down to -20 degrees celcius. Just hates wet feet over winter but generally indestructable!
Yucca Rostrata is the most spectacular landscaping plant avail hands down!
- : Yucca Rostrata “Sapphire Skies”
- : Texas-Mexico-Colorado
- : Full sun to part shade (Blue colour is better in sun)
- : 3m
- : Very Well drained soil- will tolerate poor soil conditions if dry and crumbly. However- Yucca rostrata responds well to good rich organic matter, this encourages faster growth-
- : 300
- : 250mm med size $165
- : 300mm large around 30cm and full head $275
- : 45L 7 years old large rosette forming $440
- : 100L advanced up to 10cm clear trunk $880- Ground dug trunks $4400 POA
Yucca Rostrata Blue mexican yucca
300mm pot $275
Yucca Rostrata Blue Sapphire skies in garden south coast
Yucca Rostrata Sapphire skies 45L
Yucca Sapphire Skies 100L
Yucca Rostrata Sapphire skies 100L
Yucca Rostrata Sapphire skies in Garden Wollongong
Yucca rostrata in small concrete pot
Yucca Rostrata in ground
Yucca rostrata 200mm pot $88
Yucca rostrata 400mm pots Oct 2020