Bangalow palms are a spectacular palm, Grows naturally in creek beds and gullys in NSW and Southern QLD, so ideally loves a protected, water rich site. Very cold tolerant and will handle some degree of frost when established.
Bangalows are typically grown in groups of 3 plants tight together (keeps them in competition with each other) forcing the palm to have a tight short “Chunky” habit.
Bangalow palms are a beautiful foliage palm which create a lush green canopy that allows some gentle twinkling light through to understory plants such as cordylines or ferns.
A Bangalow palm is a “Self Cleaning” palm which natuarally sheds its leaves so no chainsaws on a ladder are required (such as you would with a Cocos palm).
Avail in single form (used for palm springs look or for towering height)
or in Triple form for feature plants in a garden, can be planted on mass to create a beautiful “Palm Forest” effect.
- : Archontopheonix Cunninghamiana
- : Australaian NSW Native
- : Full sun, Part shade, Full shade
- : 6-15m depends on light and climate
- : Rich damp soil, however will tolerate drought conditions with some leaf browning
- : 100
- : 300mm 1.6m triple planted $66 45L 2.2m triple planted $220 100L 3.0m tall POA